Working Papers Office

  • For our residents who attend a PPSD school, the students get the working papers signed and processed at their own high school.  For Providence residents who attend a charter or private school, they come to the Student Affairs Office to get the working papers processed. During the summer months, residents from non PPSD schools only can come to 182 Thurbers Avenue on Wednesday’s between 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. to get working papers signed. Students who attend one of our high schools get working papers signed at their current school. 


    What do I need to attain a Student Work Permit in Rhode Island?

    • Be at least between the ages of 14-17 years of age
    • Have Intent to Employ Minor Form signed by Parent/Guardian & Employer
    • When Intent to Employ Form is completed, it is to be presented and delivered by minor in person or sent via email.
    • It will be processed & ready to be picked up the next business day.
    • Have an acceptable proof of age i.e. (Birth Certificate, RI State Identification, RI License, Baptismal Certificate, Passport, (Please see additional acceptable proof of age listed on Intention to Employ Form)
    • Have a job pending




    Click here to download the Intent to Employ Minor form

    This form must be completed and returned to the Working Papers Office.

  • Contact Us


    Juanita Sanchez Educational Complex

    Student Affairs Office
    182 Thurbers Avenue

    Questions? Please call or text 401-279-0529. Or email Marc Catone at