Parent Ambassador Program (PAP)
The Parent Ambassador Program (PAP) was created by RIDE/PPSD in response to family feedback from the John Hopkins report. (PAP) Objective is to enhance the district offices' welcoming, inclusive, safe, and supportive environment.(PAP) Roles:
- Bridge the gap between schools and families, representing the family voice in school-level meetings.
- Attend community events, support PTO and PAC meetings connecting with other parents to explain the purpose of the family support role & recruit more volunteers.
- Disseminate timely information about school decisions, surveyworks support and events.
- Serve as a point of contact, addressing family members' questions and guiding them to appropriate resources.
- Collaborate with principals, community specialists, culture coordinators, and parent volunteers (parent groups). Parent Ambassadors (PAP) are volunteers, and they are recommended to our office by a school administrator.
For more information, call Carina Monge, Manager of Volunteer Program & Central Records Office at Family and Community Engagement for the Providence Public Schools at 401-456-0686 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org